TorontoRoadClosures.com provides information about scheduled road closures due to events such as parades, marathons, and festivals as well as road construction and filming in the City of Toronto. This website also provides information about transit detours resulting from those road closures as well as scheduled subway closures. The database covers road closures for 2017 and 2018. We have found that this information is often missing or inaccurate on other traffic websites. Information is typically updated once a day in the evening on weekdays and more frequently on weekends. Currently this website does not provide information about emergency road closures (e.g. car accidents, police investigations, severe weather) or unscheduled transit disruptions. For information about unplanned road closures and transit disruptions please visit one of the following sites:
Or listen to the radio station 680 News (AM 680) or watch the television channel CP24.
Note that most information about road closures due to construction on provincial highways in Toronto is not yet available on this site. Please visit 511 Ontario for more information on provincial highway closures (such as nightly maintenance on expressways).
Note that this website currently only provides information about road closures within the City of Toronto (with very limited exceptions).
- Thick orange line - Road fully closed
- Thin orange dashed line - Lane closure
- Transparent thin orange line - road closures that are late at night (9pm to 6am) when all day mode is selected
- Transparent thin orange dashed line - lane closures that are late at night (9pm to 6am) when all day mode is selected
- Solid red line - Subway closure
- Dashed red line - Reduced service on subway
Road closure and transit detour information is compiled from a variety of sources, including freedom of information requests, Toronto Open Data, city press releases, Toronto Transit Commission, Toronto Police, event organizers' websites, and other municipalities' road closure websites and transit agencies.
Note that information on many road closures is based on road closures for last year if detailed road closure information is not available for this year.
- Some map data is from OpenStreetMap, the freely editable map of the world. OpenStreetMap® is open data, licensed under the Open Data Commons Open Database License (ODbL) by the OpenStreetMap Foundation (OSMF).
Toronto Open Data
The following data sources come from Toronto Open Data. Contains information licensed under the Open Government Licence – Toronto:
- Toronto Centreline - used as a source of road map data used by the road matcher (which geocodes road closures and displays them on a map)
- Toronto Road Restrictions - available from Toronto Open Data - used as a secondary source of information on road closures
Other data sources - Toronto
- City of Toronto News Releases & Media Advisories
- GO Transit
- Ontario 511
- Toronto Police News Releases
- Toronto Road Restrictions
- Toronto Transit Commission
- Transit Toronto
Source code for TorontoRoadClosures.com is licensed under the GNU Public License version 3 or above. Please see my GitHub page for source code.
All data from this website is available under the Open Data Commons Open Database License (ODbL) version 1.0 or above. Please note that some data in this website may be derived from OpenStreetMap and this is the same license used in OpenStreetMap. You are welcome to use this data for commercial and non-commercial purposes. Use of automated programs to download data from this website (except for normal search engine bots which obey robots.txt) is PROHIBITED without permission due to the load it places on my very limited server capacity and WILL result in being blocked without warning.
The names Toronto Road Closures and TorontoRoadClosures.com may not be used without permission.
The data on this road closures site may be inaccurate or out of date. TorontoRoadClosures.com is not responsible for any inaccurate or outdated information on this website or any consequences from any action taken because of it. Please obey all applicable traffic laws. Do not use TorontoRoadClosures.com while driving.